Unfortunately, the 2017 flood left us with a yard full of dead plants. After waiting long enough into spring, we finally learned which ones weren't going to come back. Yesterday, we spent the day removing all of those behind our deck that didn't survive.
I know it's not much different, but we're working with $0 here. After filling two wheelbarrows with weeds, our front yard looks a lot less white trashy and a lot more manicured. And my lower back definitely knows it made a huge difference! ;)
I also finished this project today! This is the side entry to our home. I took the Before picture last fall before I painted the door red. That’s what the house looked like when we bought it (Ugh). Using just over a gallon of high quality @behrpaint, it looks brand new! How much paint can do for so little!!! I’ve painted 5 doors and a cabinet with one gallon of “No More Drama” red!! And I still have more!
#beforeandafter #homeimprovement#busyday #painter #diygirl
Finally, this was one of Matt’s big projects today. He cut out all of the overgrowth on our second property and actually created a usable path to the waterfront!! We had started it last year, including the purchase of sand bags. We laid them out before the flood, but never had the chance to recover any part of our lives since July!! Just this week are we getting back to recovering our lives from the flood! We have been emotionally, physically and financially decimated for both a summer and a winter. The growth that’s happening this spring is much needed. Hoping the money is soon to follow!
#beforeandafter#propertymanagement #naturepath#homeimprovement #landscaping
The writing on this wall has been driving me crazy since Matt finished this wall last autumn. I had 3/4 gallon of semi-gloss white @behrpaint left from using this color above the chair rails in the twins’ rooms. I threw two quick coats on the wall this afternoon and BOOM!! Huge improvement to our garage!
#garageorganization #paint#beforeandafter #dirtyhands #homeupgrades#diygirl
I spent the morning painting while Matt’s been cleaning up the trees and ground on our properties. This is the entry door to our garage and an old cabinet that was here when we bought the house. What a little paint can do to improve a space!!! This area looks brand new and we spent $0 on these improvements! Woohoo! My kind of day. 😁
Paint: Behr Premium Plus Ultra Exterior in No More Drama
#homeimprovement #paint#beforeandafter #exteriordesign #upcycle
So after redoing our gear closet, I HAD TO reorganize my regular closet. We’re not quite ready to redo the whole thing, so I simply set it up to “shop” and it made my clothes so much more desirable. I now pre-make outfits when I do the laundry so that it’s easy and exciting to get dressed! Plus, it should really help me to understand what I do and don’t wear regularly.
#highfive #organizedlife#closetorganization #beforeandafter#clothes
After upgrading our #motogear closet, I felt the need to continue organizing the house. 😅 This is my (grandmother’s) hope chest, where I keep my hoodies. After reducing quantity and reorganizing, it’s so much easier to find things!
This is the final product of our 24-hour spontaneous home project using only materials we already owned! We have a brand new gear closet where our ugly regular-old entry closet used to be! It’s freaking amazing!! All I want to do is stare at our motorcycle gear until we can get back on the motorcycle again.
It feels like we have a European motorcycle dealership in our living room. I cannot believe we spent one day and $0 to get this!!! We have a few things to tighten up - finishing touches, an art piece, lighting, etc., however we already have those supplies, as well! Stay tuned for the final product!